It's your day off today, why not treat yourself to something sweet and delicious? Try our recipe for a simple, moist, coffee glazed coffee cake. Just a few minutes of light work in the kitchen and then the oven does the rest. Here's everything you need to make it happen
For the glazing
- 4 teaspoons of grated coffee
- 280g flour (2 cups)
- 1½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100g of thinly ground almonds or walnuts
- 150g white sugar
- 150g brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 150g canola oil
- 240 ml (1 glass) milk
- 2 tablespoons of whiskey or rum (not a must)
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of grated coffee
- 120g of sifted sugar powder
- 3-5 tablespoons of milk
- Heat your oven to 175 degrees. Melt the grated coffee in a tablespoon of boiling water and then cool it down.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a big bowl. Add the ground almonds or walnuts, white sugar, brown sugar and salt. Mix everything together.
- Make a hole in the center of the bowl and add in the oil, milk, whiskey or rum, eggs, vanilla extract and melted coffee. Scramble until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture to a kugellhof baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until you can stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out dry. Cool down the cake in its baking pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn it over into a serving plate.
- For the glazing: place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Melt the coffee in a tablespoon of boiling water and add it gradually to the bowl together with the milk, while stirring until you get a thick glaze. Drizzle it on the cake using a teaspoon and serve.
Before you sit down for a yummy bite, think how much even more easily preparing this cake could have been with IDM's dispensers – white sugar, brown sugar, flour – everything served easily, hygienically and precisely.
Now you can kick back, relax and enjoy your cake on your best day off!