Chocolate, some say it is the essence of life. Ok, maybe that's taking it a step too far, but we do believe that chocolate is one of the best things in the world. We've decided to share our recipe for the best, fudgiest chocolate brownies ever. Give it a go to see for yourself!
Extra ingredients if you want to upgrade the taste
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup of oil or a large stick of butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar (most easily dispensed through IDM's dispensers)
- 200g flour
- 100g cocoa powder (see sugar)
- A bunch of chocolate cookies
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- English walnuts
- Heat up your oven to 180 degrees. Oil your baking pan (use a square one).
- Break the dark chocolate to pieces and into a large microwave compatible bowl. Heat it for one minute and then scramble until it has a smooth texture. If there are any bumps in the mixture, heat it for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add the oil or butter to the bowl and scramble quickly. Next come the eggs, add a single egg at a time while you scramble quickly (it's important you do it fast so the eggs won't harden).
- Next, add in the sugar and keep scrambling it together. After that add the cocoa powder.
- Now add the flour, and mix it all in a folding motion for about 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled baking pan.
- Now is the time to add in all the extra ingredients, go nuts (literally) and add what you like. Just sprinkle everything on top of the mixture.
- Bake your brownies for 25-35 minutes. You'll know they are ready when you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean. Once it's ready, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Once your brownies cake is ready, have a go at it and enjoy its amazing flavor. Just try not to finish it all at once.